The Pull Of Education?

Those that know me well can probably tell you that education is very important to me, and it is, but to a certain extent.

The main driving force that is keeping me in school has to do with my family and culture. First off, I am first generation in my family to go to college here in the U.S. Although I don't have my parents holding my hand through every step or even really guiding me; I am still privileged because I have been able to gain a sense of independence that many don't get at an early age. Please don't misunderstand me and think that I am saying I am miss independent, because I am not. I am also not trying to get pity from anyone, but hang in there I am getting to a point.
The joy of holding that college diploma in my hand is something I can only try to imagine; a diploma nobody in my family here in the U.S has gotten.

Let's say I graduate College, get married and have kids... Happy ending right?
Well, not quite.

You see, growing up is a very uncomfortable thing if you ask me. If you are any young person just going through life, your priorities change. If you are a young person trying to live for God and are in a one-God-tongue-talking-Apostolic church, you are constantly fighting with the appeals of this world to keep God number one.

With that said, I can honestly say I was thinking of getting my Master's in Public health with an emphasis in Nutrition (had to say the whole thing so it sounded fancy), but now....I don't.
It's funny how when I used to tell people that I was thinking of getting my Master's after my BSN, I always said "If it's God's will". Yet, as humans we tend to uh...replace our thoughts and desires with what we think God's will is, if you know what I mean.

It is SO important that as young people we keep our priorities straight. It is a misconception to think of the obvious when we think about the pull of the world, because it can come in different shapes and sizes. It is not just worldly music, friends and events; the pull of the world means anything that may be taking the place of God on your priority list.

Sorry for blabbing (if anybody is even reading this), I just had to tell the world (or at least the blog world) that education is not as important to me as it may seem..... Hold on, I actually don't apologize, you don't have to read this is you don't want to. :D

In a nutshell, I just want God to do his will in my life without any limitations.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."
Psalm 37:4

1 comment

  1. Really, really, REALLY good post Anali, seriously.
    "It is not just worldly music, friends and events; the pull of the world means anything that may be taking the place of God on your priority list."

    That can preach!

    ReplyDelete

What-do-ya think?