The Deceitfulness of Thanksgiving


Ladies and gentlemen I have breaking news. Although our society and family might want you to think that the Thanksgiving holiday is wonderful because of all the food and family gatherings, I am here to inform you it is all a deception.

Turkey has a chemical in it called Serotonin. Seratonin is also known as one of the "Happy Hormones". It contributes to our "well-being" as well as feelings of happiness (serotonin is also used as an antidepressant). So after your eating you get that "oooohhhhyeahh" feeling (and it also makes you sleepy).

Sorry to tell you my friends, but all the giddiness that surrounds Thanksgiving is because of the serotonin in the turkey! Don't be fooled!

I just have ONE question.
Does that mean turkeys are happy all the time... hmm? lol


Have a wonderful overeatingbeinglazyandwithyourfamily Day!

4 comments

  1. LOL! I had heard that before about Turkey...I can't remember who it was that told me...I think it was a guy or something!!! Hmmmm...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See! It's true! Don't be fooled! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow, hahahaha I should let my Dad read this he would laugh. I clicked on it thinking it was some deep post about this generation being unthankful and stuff, & then I was like "Oooh" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Hanna, you know the serious person I am and all I usually don't post stuff like this... heh heh

    ReplyDelete

What-do-ya think?