Awesome by Charles Jenkins - Spanish Translation

Okay guys, this is the first of hopefully many bilingual songs I will be putting up on my blog (on a tab at the top). Although I think most of you don't go to bilingual services I'm praying this can be a blessing to some of you! I will be putting songs that I have personally translated, either from English to Spanish or from Spanish to English, so suggestions are encouraged!

I first heard this song at Heritage and absolutely loved it! The next day I translated it... when I was in the shower.. LOL. Except the Holy-Wonderful part was challenging because of all the words. I had to change some words but it is basically the same. Click HERE to go to the website where I got the chords for the song, and please email me (click on the bird picture on the right) if you have any questions.
Enough babbling, here are the lyrics in Spanish and English.

Awesome - Spanish/English

V1:
         E                    B
My God is awesome, He can move mountains
              C#m                      A
Keep me in the valley, hide me from the rain
         E                          B
My God is awesome, heals me when I'm broken
                        C#m                       A
Strength where I've been weakened, forever He will reign


Chorus:
         E        B
My God is awesome, awesome
C#m      A
Awesome, awesome


V2:
         E                      B
My God is awesome, Savior of the whole world
            C#m                        A
Giver of salvation, by His stripes I am healed
         E                      B
My God is awesome, today I am forgiven
                    C#m                     A
His grace is why I'm living, praise His holy name


Bridge:
    E
He's mighty (He's mighty), He's mighty (He's mighty)
    B
He's mighty (He's mighty), He's mighty (He's mighty)
C#m      A
Awesome, awesome

Repeat using the following:
Mighty, Holy, Great, Mighty
Deliverer, Holy, Provider, Protector


Bridge 2:
Holy, wonderful, marvelous ,glorious,
Omnipotent, righteous and mighty.
Lord we Praise you we lift up we magnify we glorify,
We exalt you, we exalt you,
we adore you,
Hallelujah

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V1:
Mi Dios es asombroso, puede mover montañas
Me guarda en el valle, me cuida de la lluvia
Mi Dios es asombroso, el sana mis heridas
Da fuerza al débil, El reina para siempre

Coro:
 mi Dios es asombroso, asombroso, asombroso, asombroso

V2:
Mi Dios es asombroso, salvador del mundo
El que da la salvación, por sus llagas soy sanado
Mi Dios es asombroso, el me perdono hoy.
Vivo por su gracia, santo es su nombre.

Puente:
 Es grande (4x) Asombroso (2x)
              Es Santo (4x)) Asombroso (2x)
              Tremendo (4x) Asombroso (2x)
              Liberador (4x ) Asombroso (2x)
              Mi proveedor (4x) Asombroso (2x)
              Mi protector (4x) Asombroso (2x)

Puente 2:
Santo, maravilloso, grandioso, glorioso
Magnifico justo y grande
Te alabamos te apreciamos te amamos te queremos
Te exaltamos, te exaltamos,
Te adoramos
Aleluya
 

This post is the one that gets the most hits from google. So let me know if you guys 
(AKA strangers) have any requests for a song in English or Spanish :) Feel free to email me or leave an anonymous comment.
 

13 comments

  1. Nice post.Keep on translating languages and share it.It so nice to see some of this good music be translated in other languages.I may say the importance of a spanish translation being accurate and efficient can indeed not be overstated. Especially in the ever faster moving world of globalized business, successful information and technology transfer within multinational businesses can make the difference between win or lose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, it's very important. I am blessed to be able to speak another language and I try to be of a help to others. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Awesome now I can learn more songs in spanish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That way you can practice your Spanish! Lol

      Delete
    2. (P.s. maybe that will help you embrace your roots lol)

      Delete
  3. Nosotros cantamos esta cancion el domingo pasado. Pero, nosotros catamos, "mi dios es grande". Las palabras fueron un poco diferentes pero no mucho. (no se si entiendas mi espanol porque esta muy "rusty") haha :) Gracias por la traduccion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to hear more songs in spanish and english!!! This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this song! I first heard it and sang it on a missions trip to Mexico last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nevertheless, you can avail the best services at Shan translation. Spanish subtitling services need the expert to know the target language, its flow and how to set the translated Spanish text into the desired video precisely. You must not miss the flow and timing of the video and its corresponding text. For more details :http://shantranslation.de/subtitling/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love a translation for the song none but jesus

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love a translation for the song none but jesus

    ReplyDelete

What-do-ya think?