I'm Going to Be a Nurse!



Yesterday was my orientation at CSUEB! I was very nervous at first because it a new school with new people and a whole new curriculum. God worked things out though. I had activated my Facebook a while back just so I could join the Facebook nursing group, but then I deactivated it since I really don't like Facebook. Well, in that short time I was in the Facebook group I saw the pictures of a couple of the members. When I showed up to orientation and got in line to get my packet, one of the girls from FB was in front of me and the other behind me! So we immediately began talking (well I started talking to them and they joined in lol) . I am actually thankful for the "gift of gab" because it is very useful when it come to meeting new people. All you quiet people should be thankful for my "gift of gab" too since I often like striking up conversation with those quiet ones :p.

Anyway, it was a very long orientation but I am thankful. They mentioned that almost 800 people applied, and they only accepted 62 students in each campus (a total of124). I'm one of those!! God opened the doors for me to get accepted because I was almost sure I wasn't going to get accepted because it is SO competitive to get into the program. God reallllyyyyy showed me a lesson when I got my acceptance email. It was like He said "You said I can't do WHAT Anali?". Basically I am thankful, so so so so so thankful that God has given me a spot in this program and that He has guided me through my educational path.

 Man, I'm pretty proud of myself too, not to sound cocky or anything. I am NOT an automatic "A" student like the Kifles (lol), I had to really really really had to train myself how to study. There were a lot of sleepless nights and very early mornings that had to occur in order for me to get the grades that I got.

Education is no joke, it can be very dangerous too. It is easy to get distracted with school and want to "gain the whole world". I thought about medical school, becoming a dietitian, going into public relation, running for president (JK!), but God said nursing was for me!

When I first decided on nursing I would tell people that my plan was to go to an undeserved community/place, marry a preacher, and witness to my sick patients. They would become our congregation... heh heh. We shall see about that though. As for right now I am amazed how God opens doors, and how us, His children, really do have his favor.


I was also laughing at the survival tips the second year nursing students put together. Like these two points below:



Well thank you nursing students, I will keep that in mind. LOL. 


10 comments

  1. GO ANALI!!! This was funny!!! (I am NOT an automatic "A" student like the Kifles (lol,) I don't think you were in there the night I was tellin faith and Hanna about my highschool grades of STRAIGHT D's!!! I think Hanna stopped breathing for a few seconds...HAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Hanna hates when I say things like that too. Haha

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!! I can testify that I wouldn't be graduating next Spring if it wasn't for God's help, favor and patience with me! College is a BIG deal- but in the end it's worth it. We will be able to be more a of a blessing to God's people, to ministry and to His kingdom. Awesome stuff girl! You will do GREAT!! In less than 3 years you will be a nurse!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! All that you said is correct. Happy early graduation :)

      Delete
  3. Devi Abbott(Foster) used to hate when we would say that to her too!!! LOL! Btw- it feels like Hanna has just fallen off the face of the earth this past week!! HAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to meet sister foster to see if she is really like Hanna. And Hanna has been busy, I haven't talked to her much either

      Delete
  4. SO proud of you and thankful to God!! LOL at the nursing survival tips hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Contests Anail! It took a lot of hard work and dedication! Pass the knowledge on to me now!! Lol

    ReplyDelete

What-do-ya think?