A Journal Entry & A Poem

For those that didn't know, for the whole year of 2010 I wrote in a journal everyday. I decided to take a look and came across this entry below.
 

 Journal Entry from December 29, 2010

 "Remember....
 'He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he will hear their cry, and will save them'
  Psalm 145:19

Ultimately God will grant you the desires of your heart if you love Him, meaning if you live right, because you can't fully love God without living right. They go hand in hand. In this scripture the word  'fear' is used, and to be honest I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for fear. Fear of not making it to heaven, fear in general is what kept reminding me I wasn't living right. The scripture said He will hear those that FEAR him and SAVE them, and thank you Jesus for that! Because even though I'm still working on 'expressing' my love , He promises to save me on the mere fact that I fear Him."


 And this is a poem from 2011


Originally Posted August 22,2011 at 7:27 PM

The Desire Of Mi Corazón

At the bottom of my heart lies the desire,
desire to be like the one I admire.
Admire they eyes of him who loves me for what I am.
I am nothing, for what I am is because of his command.
Command that I stand flawless,
flawless but I am, less I am.
Yes.
Less I am.
Less I am of fill in the blank,
filled in this blank of this so called life, where is the light?
Light my way Lord, shift, break do.
Do what you need in order to,
to make me presentable infront of your throne.
Thrown on to the potters wheel I ask.
I ask to be changed, made perfect.
Perfect I can only try,
try my heart and see what's inside.
Inside out I want to be clean.
Clean of any kind of impurity.
God I need you.
You, quien mas?
Mas, more.
More of you, less of me.
Me, I found out to be is my own worst enemy.
God help me be all that you want me to be!
These things called words can't describe what I feel,
I feel all I can do is pray with my tears.
Tears you can use to water me and make me grow.
Grow into whatever, whenever, however.
Lord have your way.
To be like you, como tu.
Is my desire,
my desire Señor. My desire. 

-----------------------------------------

And you know what? I feel the same way I did a year ago.
God is good....God.is.GOOD.

4 comments

  1. Anali, Anali, Anali! Como estas, chica?!

    I FINALLY made it to your blog! Can I come to your wedding and listen to the mariachi band, and eat tacos?

    Thank you SO much for the Self Esteem posts! So needed in today's Pentecostal Barbie Doll world!

    Aaaaand, I forgot what else I wanted to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muy bien gracias por preguntar!
      And yes you finally made it to my blog after like a year :p
      You are VERY welcome for the self-esteem posts!!

      Oh and about the old lady comment, heh heh... well you know you DO go to sleep like at 8 during conferences. WHO DOES THAT?!!!

      LOL

      :D

      Delete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL poem Anali!!! Poetry is such a hard writing skill to have!!! I've written a few peoms but they're really NOT my thing!!! Buuuut your words flow together SOOOOO beautifully!!! You should really consider writing more poems OR TRY SONG WRITING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I'm not much of a poet. Guess this just came to me at a time of inspiration. As far as song writing I have a couple originals :)

      Delete

What-do-ya think?