Mechanisms of The Devil - "You're Not Spiritual Enough"

I cannot count how many times the Devil has tried to pull this one on me! and I know I am not the only one out there, which is why I want and need to blog about this.

The Devil is always trying to pull God's children down, and if he can't get you with TV, wordly music, un-godly dress and other more materialistic/obvious things, he will definitely try mechanisms on your mind. Mechanisms that if they're not cast down can cause you to consume yourself from the inside out. Basically, mind games.

It's so easy to compare our spiritual lives with others you know? and even though people always say "Don't compare yourself to them", the truth is we all compare ourselves to somebody at one point or another.
It's so easy for somebody to appear more "Spiritual" than others, but everybody has a different walk with God. There may be somebody who God always speaks to in dreams, and there may be another that God uses to show His love through. One person may be able to give messages in tongues but that same person may not be able to pray somebody through to the Holy ghost.

It doesn't meant there is anything wrong with you if you don't have a particular "gift" that another has. It doesn't mean that there is something missing in your walk with God, and having a particular gift does not mean you are necessarily "spiritual" or saved . We can't forget that one, we are still human, we have to watch ourselves.  ("For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23)

Here is my personal example. Most individuals know that music is important  in the church. You have to be pretty much in-tune with God in order to play the right song at altar call, the right special ect. And I'm sorry to say that as a piano player/singer, I don't always feel Hallelujah-Ima-be-a-blessing-at-church-todayish, but you know what? That doesn't mean that I can't be a blessing.

There have been times when I've been called to sing and felt the presence of God so strong that I could hardly sing, and the Holy Ghost moved mightily. There have also been times when I just picked a song in my small memory bank since I didn't have my song book, and God still fell on the congregation. And of course, there have been times when I have felt a song in my heart and the congregation didn't quite respond to the song as other times, ect. 

And the devil used to pull the "you're not spiritual enough, you didn't sing the right song" move on me a lot.
But I don't need to necessarily feel anything supernatural in order to be in-tune with God (in all aspects not just music). Emotions are secondary in this journey to Heaven, if you know what I mean, and a connection with God is primary. I don't just mean a little prayer and fasting and reading your word, I mean a connection. Where you know there isn't anything in your heart keeping you from God (and I'm not saying to conform in your walk with God either)

So no, I don't exactly know what to say to somebody during altar call, but I'll pray with them.
And sorry to say that I have not seen visions of angels or heard the voice of God (and oh what a day if I could get to that place in my walk!), But that doesn't mean I don't have a relationship with God.

So yeah! A little venting!
And good...eh...morning? Happy Sunday!!

4 comments

  1. I felt in my spirit...THE LORD told me you were gonna have a good blog post and NOW I SEE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaahaha well I feel it in the spirit that this is Mary!!! People are going to be like "what is that comment all about?" LOL

      Delete

What-do-ya think?