Dear Teens, Do You Think God Can't Use You?

Fifth Sunday just recently passed, and I can't help but think about Fifth Sunday's a few years back.

Way back before we had our amazing pianist/worship leader (I guess it wasn't way back, it was just like 2-3 years ago lol) my church was stuck with me (poor church lol).

Looking back, I was just 16/17 when I started leading worship. I guess this may not mean much to some, but those that know me, know that I am not 5th or 6th generation Pentecostal, I didn't grow up in the church, nor am I a pastors daughter or granddaughter, and I am by no means a Jennifer Connell when singing/playing (love you kindred!)

As a matter of fact, my mother and I are the first Apostolic-Pentecostals in our family.

As the young people in my church are turning into adults, pre-teens and teens, I wonder how many of them know that God really can use them.

God can use anybody who is willing, regardless of age.

Going back to the fifth Sunday reference, I remember that I would literally go into a panic before almost every fifth Sunday during the years I was in charge. I felt so...so.... minute...so little compared to the great musicians of Bro.Rushing's church (their worship is still amazing by the way), and I just didn't want to go up there to be honest.

I felt embarassed.

But man oh man did I have some of the best experiences in my walk with God as a young person while I was in charge of the worship.

I remember when the presence of God would move upon the congregation while my church's little-to-no-English-speaking choral would sing.... I was in awe... utter amazement....I felt unworthy, but honored at the same time to have been granted the chance to have a part in an amazing move of God.

So you think God can't use you? Do you think you are just a teen?  a young person?
Read below...

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams."
- Acts 2:17 -


See that?  Enough said.... God is good! The end (:

(P.S. 3 more months of nursing school!!!!!)

7 comments

  1. OMW!!! You BLOGGED!!!!!!! Good post too!!! Looooooove you!!! Purrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is powerful Anali! I wish more of our young people knew the ability that they have to move Gods people if they would step out and let Him use them! Beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see a post from you Anali!!
    So true!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all!! I will try to post more )

    ReplyDelete

What-do-ya think?